OHYA Certified Bikram Teacher Registration
Welcome to Our Teacher Directory Membership
To qualify to join the OHYA Teacher Directory, you must either graduate from:
1. Bikram’s Teacher Training (CBYT)
2. An OHYA Approved Training (OHYT) (Please verify that the Teacher Training you attended has the “OHYA Approved Teacher Training Seal” to qualify you to join.
What do you need to submit and register?
Please register by filling out the form below and completing all required fileds including choosing if you attended Bikram Yoga Teacher Training, with the year your graduated or choosing , OHYA Approved Teacher Training. (Your graduation certificate will show where you attended. ) Make sure you have a jpeg (photo) of your graduation certificate to upload to your profile. (If you have any problems or questions, send a pdf of your certificate to OHYA at firstname.lastname@example.org)
When can i join the OHYA Teacher Directory?
Upon graduation you may join the OHYA Teacher Directory as an intern and gain access to all the benefits of membership. To earn your level 1 seal, you must teach a minimum of 75 classes. (There is no maximum, but the minimum is 6 months from graduation). If you have graduated from an OHYA Approved TT, to move from an intern to a Level 1, you must complete and email back to OHYA (email@example.com) 2 forms to submit to earn your level 1 seal:
Please complete your registration by following the prompts to complete your payment. The cost to join is $99. (Valid for 2 years.)
Once you have completed and paid for your registration, you will be sent an email that will give you access to all the benefits of membership including access to the OHYA Teacher Directory, including;
Click for Directory Benefits
Your name added to the public listing of teachers
2. Access to the full OHYA Teacher Directory
3. Access to your listing to add photos and complete your listing that acts like a resume for your teaching career
4. Submitting to increase your Levels (when you qualify) or requesting approval for Continuing Education approval. (both have no fees)
6. Permission to use our trademarked seals on any marketing, social media, email , flyers while you are an active member.
7. A special list of benefits only available to our members
8. Access to our private OHYA Teachers FB page where you can view teaching opportunities or ask teaching questions and connect to our greater OHYA Teaching community
All OHYA Teacher Members must complete 30 hours of qualified Continuing Education to ensure we are keeping to the standards in the greater yoga world to showcase our education when the states start to regulate yoga teachers. Continuing Education must be maintained to maintain your seals in the OHYA Teacher Directory.
When logged into your member profile you can click the gear icon to edit/correct any fields within your profile as well as add credentials.